We pride ourselves on the fact that our engineers are not only highly experienced and capable, but also focused on the need to do an excellent job for our clients. This combination of ability and attitude sets us apart from our competitors – it is something we are keen to maintain and build upon. This is therefore reflected in our recruitment policy.
We are therefore always looking for engineers that:
- Have a good positive attitude and a pleasant manner
- Are flexible and accommodating, rather than set in their ways
- Are able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including those without an engineering or software background
- Have outside interests and a broad outlook on life
i.e. without wishing to be politically incorrect in any way we will favour applications from those who are not impenetrable introverts.
Senior Software Engineer
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer with an aptitude for problem-solving and the ability to quickly pick up new concepts/technologies, to join our team here at our office in Trowbridge.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Experience in requirements analysis, software design, implementation and testing.
- The ability to lead by example, correctly implementing standards and procedures without guidance, ensuring that other more junior engineers adhere to quality standards and approved working practices.
- Experience of team leading/project management.
- Responsibility for Architecture and Major design decisions.
- Strong technical skills in current and evolving languages and technologies and the ability to pass on knowledge to those working around them.
- Good interpersonal skills and direct customer interaction.
- Work experience in BS EN ISO9001/Safety related, MOD, Aerospace, Defence, or Rail real-time systems.
- The ability to write clear and concise technical reports, specifications and user documentation.
- Object-Oriented Design, UML, XML
- Embedded/Microcontroller development
- Knowledge of Communications Protocols/Internet Technologies (TCP/IP, Network sockets, HTTP, HTML)
- Programming experience on Windows and Linux platforms
- Languages: C, C++, C#, Python, Java
Other Desirable Skills:
- BS EN 50128, Oracle APEX, Django, Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite, PHP, Android/iOS app development, Xamarin
As a company, we believe enthusiasm leads to innovation, and we understand that finding a position after graduation can be daunting. This is why we are proud to offer permanent graduate positions to students who share our passion for software.
We offer a relaxed and supportive atmosphere, where graduates can gain experience of working with clients from a diverse range of industry backgrounds. We believe that having access to this diversity allows for the building of personal skills and provides the experience of working in every aspect of the project lifecycle.
To be considered for a graduate position at Zircon, you should have a high aptitude for software engineering, and the ability to document technical ideas in a concise and easy to understand manner. As applicants will be placed into project teams, we look for those with the ability to work both with others and independently, as well as having good verbal and written communication.
For students graduating in summer 2019, we will be advertising for graduate positions from November 2018. If you have already graduated and are currently looking for employment then please send your CV to email@example.com.
From time to time Zircon requires the use of contract staff. We maintain a database of contractors with details of their skills and experience. These are often people who we have worked with in the past, although we are always on the lookout for people with new skills to add to our capabilities.
“The use of known contract staff allows us to quickly increase the size of teams in order to respond to our customers’ needs, and ensure that their timescales for delivery are met.”
If you are interested in contracting for Zircon then please visit our Contractors Portal to register your interest and to submit your CV.
No recruitment agencies.
As a company, we place great value in encouraging those who are passionate about software. It is this value that inspires us to offer placement opportunities to those who share in our enthusiasm.
We structure our placements so that students are provided with access to real customer projects that matter, placing each candidate into a project team following a brief introductory training period. With a mentoring system combined with supportive staff, students will be given support at every stage of their placement.
To be considered for a placement at Zircon, you should be enrolled as a full-time student majoring in a degree with elements or modules of coding. We look for candidates who are able to work both alone and within a team, have good verbal and written communication skills, and have an invariable enthusiasm for engineering systems.
If you would like to learn more about what a placement at Zircon entails, or what can be expected from the application process, please take a look at our Placements at Zircon page.
Unfortunately applications for summer 2019/20 are now closed, we will be re-advertising for summer 2020/21 from November 2019